Students can scan the QR code to start!
In this last module session we will address all the previous sessions with an interactive problem solving session. The student will get to use all the knowledge acquired in the first sessions and solve some basic operation problems, with an additional difficulty in comparison with the previous sessions.
- Agility and control over common operations
- Comprehension over the hierarchy of operations (taking multiplication and divisions into account)
- Commutative, associative and distributive properties
- Positive and negative numbers
- Decimal numbers
- Do’s and don’ts when dealing with divisions
Introductory session M0, session S1 and S2 for 6th-8th grade students. No heavy knowledge of the Polyup platform is needed.
Getting students ready
- Students should go to https://m.polyup.com/M7PCARP/
- Students should go to polyup.com on their computer, tablet or smartphone.
- They should click on the play button to access the Polyup environment.
- If they have an account, they can sign in with their username or email, if not, they should create a student account.
- Students should click on Poly at the bottom and enter the following code: (M7PCARP)
Starting the session
- The teacher should put the introductory presentation in front of the class (including the video introducing stacks).
- Students, with the problems given, should try to accomplish a result accordingly to the one given in chip solutions.
- After 5 minutes, the teacher should put the result of the problem in the board.
* The problems are made to be done all in one session and in order.
** To know more about how to assign machines (the session) as homework on google classroom visit the following article.
- Find the session solutions on the Teacher’s Manual!